The transformations have begun! Here are some testimonial from our parent meeting:
“I read some of the literature my husband brought back from the meeting last night….specifically the one on reading out loud to your students, even high schoolers. So, before my son went to bed we sat and I read the 3 history chapters out loud to him and gave him things to listen for. He got 9/10 today!! I will be doing this from now on. Thanks!”
“I send our selfie of my kids and me about 30 minutes time. My kids enjoy to read books, and the best moment to us is in the night. We are enjoying this time because my husband and I discovered that my kids want more time with us, and now we starting to change some things in our daily routine as a parents. Really we smiling, talking, and my son Joshue corrects me when I cannot to pronounce correctly some words in English.”
“Hi Kesha it’s Arlyne and I want to thank you for making up the 30 min homework because it brought me and my mom closer and more bonding. It gives a moment to share with my mom all theses memories This 30 min helps me and my family. Thank You”
“30 Minutes a Day” is already transforming lives!
30 minutes A Day Challenge
A Middle School Student’s Point of View
Kesha asked the Middle Schoolers how the “30 Minute Challenge” has been going and here is what they wrote:
◦ What my mom and I have been doing is talking about our day and she helps me with some of my homework that I don’t understand.
◦ My parents have talked about it and we are trying to get a day so we can do it
◦ I want to thank you for making up the 30 min challenge because it brought me and my mom closer and bonding more. It gives me a moment to share with my mom all these memories This 30 min helps me and my family. Thank You.
◦ My parents have discussed it but my 30 minutes turned into almost two hours watching sports with my dad. I’d rather play sports with my dad than watch them.
◦ Kesha, My parents and I haven’t done the 30 minute challenge yet. They have been busy with work and we haven’t really had much time. But my mom did mention it to me today. So I will try to do it tonight with my dad.
◦ My Mom and Dad helped me do the winter break packet.
◦ My mom helped me with a book report for my language arts class. She helped me a lot and she did a lot to help me get through it. She also talked with me for a while and talked about helping me in school, raising my grades, and studying